Saturday, March 25, 2006

 

Thunderbird 1.5 SMTP with Google No Good

If you use Thunderbird 1.5 and Gmail's SMTP/POP exclusively, you might notice that stuff is fucking up.

Someone dropped the ball, I don't know who but it got me pissed. Scoured the google group forums for half an hour before i found something usable.

Pop settings. If you aren't recieving mail to your client, go to port 995, check SSL, and use "pop.googlemail.com". Personally, I havent had this problem but others had.

SMTP settings. I couldn't send jack shit. This pissed me off.
Port 587, check TLS, and use "smtp.googlemail.com"

Really, Thunderbird or google really has to communicate more or something. Somewhow I don't think Google favors Thunderbird anymore, and vice versa. No proof, just a feeling.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



   Win a Wii from PETA!Click Here to Win a Wii from peta2!