Tuesday, January 17, 2006

 

How I use Google Desktop?

1. Have Computer in all rooms of House.
2. Have Podcasts across several computers.
3. Downloads 1/07/05 in Bed Computer
4. Downloaded 1/o8/05 in Kitchen Computer
5. Downloaded 1/09/05 in Living Room PC

Google Desktop indexes all my computers.
Google GDSuite takes the GDS index and allows me to do boolean on it.

It's like Apple's Spotlight across a network.

Cons: Memory Hog. Indexing is not instantaneous.

(My system is an AMD64 3000+ with 1 gig of ram and an x800xl. It's not top of the line but it's pretty damn good. Watching a vidcast on Itunes while doing a GDS search makes the CPU choke. I think i also have Azureus on. And a movie running on BSplayer. Still, GDS and Itunes and Azureus are the big culprits.) Posted by Picasa

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



   Win a Wii from PETA!Click Here to Win a Wii from peta2!