Tuesday, October 18, 2005

 

Ultimate X-men: Oh how the mighty have fallen

First of all, I'd like to say that UXM written by Vaughn sucks. I don't have any reason. Actually I have several, but they'll all seem weird.

Maybe it's because I can't remember a single Vaughn plot in UXM.
Or maybe it's because it's an endless parade of new characters who are not that different from 616 Marvel. Or maybe because the whole book forgot it's general theme.

For someone who wrote Runaways, Y The Last Man, and Ex Machina, how could he write such utter shit? I'm thinking that it's a mandate from editorial. If that's the case, I don't think Mr. Replacement Kirkman will fare any better.

Come on. Bring back the novel concepts. Divergent histories. And stop using a single style. The early issues of UXM had really interesting art. From cell shading to semi-realistic to plastic.

Gorsh. This is why I don't recommend comics to friends. The quality always turns to shit after a while.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



   Win a Wii from PETA!Click Here to Win a Wii from peta2!