Thursday, September 15, 2005

 

Smoking Cigarrettes 101

Why is smoking bad for you?
Sure, it causes cancer. We KNOW that.

But why do soldiers do it? Why do people continue to do something that they know will have long term detriments?

There has got to be some benefit involved.
It cant be all peer pressure.

So google ‘benefit’ and ‘nicotine’. You’ll get several articles on the therapeutic effect of nicotine as well as certain experiments that’ve been performed with soldiers. I leave the googling to you because even if there’s a wealth of information out there, the surest way to know shtuff is try a stick yourself. Maybe before a big showdown against an enemy regiment. Or company meeting.

As for me? I don’t smoke. I don’t want to have to depend on drugs to keep cool. But I will if it becomes necessary, and then, when I do, the effect will be maximized since I haven’t built a resistance to ‘em. I have the same stance on antibiotics.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?



   Win a Wii from PETA!Click Here to Win a Wii from peta2!